1. Matt Voss finished 3rd in his bracket at the Junior World Team trials. Israel Silva was in his corner at the tournament. Tom Carr and I watched him compete online. He competed well. He ended the tournament with a 3-2 record. I believe he learned from the competition which will help him as he prepares for the upcoming college season.
2. My summer has started, as it usually does, with lots of camps. I have been working camps for others in June. I will be having my summer commuter camps at George Mason University in July and August. If you have an interest or know someone who might have an interest in the Patriot Wrestling Camps, you can get more information at http://www.joerussellwrestling.com. Or call or email me directly at 703/993-3299 or email@example.com.
3. We are nearing the end of the alumni-athlete giving challenge. My hope is we find a way to win. If you are a wrestling alum or if you can twist the arm of a wrestling alum, we could use your help to win the alumni-athlete giving challenge. For more information, go to http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205073218&DB_OEM_ID=25200 Or simply call 703-993-3218. Be sure to ear mark the donation for wrestling and make sure they know you are a wrestling alum. The contest ends on June 30, so please act fast.
4. If you are in Fairfax June 29 or 30, the Field House will be the venue for the 2015 World Police and Fire Games Wrestling events. http://fairfax2015.com/ I am excited to watch and especially excited to watch the GMU Wrestling Alums who have already signed up to compete. Please come support these athletes as they put it on the line in this international competition.
5. Please also save the date for the Paul Maltagliati Memorial Golf Tournament on September 14 at Bull Run Golf Club.